Once in a blue moon, an opportunity like this comes along, and the story behind it is often bigger than the upfront news. So it is with wild and crazy food-realm tales that usually focus on highly-improbable or totally unique situations we’ll never see again. So we jump on them as if its the end of the world…
Just a few of the Brands Candy Funhouse offers…
In what sounds like a great way to banish not only the COVID-19 blues but get at least a part-time respite from the unemployment conundrum, a new Candy Company is advertising for Full- and Part-time Candy tasters. That’s right. The Full-time jobs pay (C)$30 an hour and the Part-time positions pay (C)$26 an hour.
‘Holy Moses!” I hear you say. This gig is sounding better and better…
But there are some conditions: First, to qualify for the full-time jobs, you have to live in Mississauga, Ont. Canada, where the Candy Funhouse Co. is located. For part-time gigs, the products will be shipped remotely.
Here’s the full list of requirements*:
Job Title: Candyologist
Brief Product Description and Rating
- Candidates will follow our in-house confectionary rating system
- A brief, two sentence description will be required for each product tested
- These descriptions may be incorporated on our website and social media
Exemplify a passion for Candy and Chocolate Product through:
- Taking pride in creative and imaginative product reviews
- Rating each product
- Being open to exploring your taste buds
- Enjoy tasting and
- Striving to being a big part of the creation and selection of the Candy Funhouse branded candy lineQualifications
- High School DiplomaBasic
- Writing Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Fluent in English
- Passionate about Confectionary
- Open to Canadian and US citizens
- No Food Allergy
- 18 years or older
Applicants who have an interest in candy, pop culture, and media will be given preference.
No experience required.
Last day to apply is February 15th, 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $30.00 per hour
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Work remotely: Yes
So… Can you fulfill the requirements?
Then go ahead and apply! This could be the first step in a whole new life journey for you!
~ Maggie J.