Fast Food Week!

Time sure flies when you’re sorting your shoe box full of receipts as the tax filing deadline looms! Anyway, we’ve got another weeks’ worth of updates from the Fast Food Sphere… This time, there’s word of new offerings from Denny’s and Dunkin’s, and the return of a summer favourite from Mountain Dew…

Dennys Han Solo Blaster Burger 2 - © 2018 DennysDenny’s Han Solo Blaster Fire Burger. With Hash Brown Tots.

Denny’s adds menu items to promo Solo movie release

Solo: A Star Wars Story – the out-of-sequence Star Wars tale that promises to give us the back story on smuggler, raider and womanizer Han Solo, comes to screens everywhere May 25. Coming now, to a Denny’s near you, a spate of limited time promotional menu items including:  Co-Reactor Pancakes (topped with Strawberry Sauce, fresh Strawberries, Whipped Cream and Crystal Crunch (pop) Rocks), the Blaster Fire Burger (featuring Chipotle Gouda Cheese, Bacon, and spicy Ghost Pepper Sauce), the Two moons Skillet (two sunny side up Eggs on a bed of savory Potatoes), and the Crystal Crunch Milkshake (served with a sprinkle of popping crystals). They’re also offering Han Solo trading cards, proceeds from the sale of which will go to No Kid Hungry, a charity that fights childhood hunger.

Dunkin’s launches breakfast ‘Go2s’

Grab a pair of Egg & Cheese Wake-up Wraps for $2, Two Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches for $3 or two Egg, Cheese & Bacon Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches for $5. You only get the promo price when you buy 2 of any qualifying sandwiches. And, as always, available for a limited time only.

The Dew brings back the Blast!

Mountain Dew Baja Blast was a blast among doers of the Dew last summer. So, they’re bringing it back this summer. It’s a lime-flavoured clear Soda, for those of you who didn’t try it out of the soda machine at Taco Bell last Year. This year, they’re offering it in all the usual retail places, too, (convenience stores and supermarkets) in 20 oz. / 591 ml bottles and 12-packs of 12 0z. / 355 ml cans.

English Football coach boys team McD’s after every win

The coach of a top League Two English Football team has found the secret to winning… Buy the boys McDonald’s, out his own pocket, after every victory on the pitch! Looking at the record for this season, you might think that’s what motivated the Accrington Stanley side to a perfect season this year. Not a loss in sight. So what’s wrong with that? The player contracts must specify ‘full details of all payments to or benefits paid in cash or in kind on behalf of players’. McD’s treats may qualify as a ‘bonus under the rules.

Coach Andy Holt Tweeted: “You have to wonder what these folk [the league executive] would do with their life if it wasn’t for my errors of judgement.” I agree.

Everybody wants you to vote on their new flavours…

Even M&Ms! The iconic candy has been released in three new, limited-time flavors: Crunchy Espresso, Crunchy Raspberry, and Crunchy Mint. You can vote for your favourite at the product promo page.

The winner will be sold for the next 18 months alongside the usual M&M flavours. In 2016, in their first flavour vote, M&Ms declared Coffee Nut as the winner.

Are Pop Tarts ‘Ravioli’? You decide…

An outfit called Three Bridges recently conducted a survey in the U.S. asking what folks li you and me think of Ravioli. Apparently, the results are conclusive: we love it. But one question on the list raised hackles… It seems that 87 percent of Americans love Ravioli, beating out favourites including Pizza, Chinese Food and Mom’s Chicken Soup. But then Three Bridges asked if people thought  Toaster Pastries qualified as Ravioli, a whopping 82 percent said ‘No!’. I have to wonder about the other 18 percent…

And that’s the skinny…

…On what can make you fat… See you back here in seven for the coming week’s Fast Food News!

~ Maggie J.

Posted under: Comfort Food, Food News, Food Tips

Comments are closed.